I've been fortunate enough to work alongside a few of Atlanta's most well-loved style bloggers since moving here one year ago and during that time. I get many inquiries about what to expect during a Style Session so I thought I'd go ahead and do a blog post on my most frequent questions! Here goes!
1. How many images will I be allowed to download? You'll be allowed to choose your favorite 20 images to downloads per hour booked. You'll receive more than that in your gallery - I want you to have lots of choices!
2. What if I want more images? They are available for purchase at $5 each (web-only license) and $25 each (High Res with print license) -- This will be a separate invoice
3. Where am I allowed to use the images? On your blog and it's social media accounts, as profile pictures etc.
4. What if a brand I work with wants to use an image? They should contact me directly for a license. Your contract states that the images are only licensed to you; I don't include the license for others in order to keep your session fee low.
5. Will you focus on sponsored items and pieces? What about detail shots? Yes. Before each outfit is shot, we'll discuss what is sponsored or gifted, what you love most about the outfits and what details are most important.
6. May I print an image? Not without purchasing the High Resolution Image with Print License ($25.00) or ordering prints through your gallery using the shopping cart icon. I don't include this in your session because 99.9% of the time, bloggers simply want online use and this helps me keep your overall costs low. Please use the shopping cart icon to purchase the High Resolution Image with Print License if, for example, you'd like to print an image on your business cards or use the image again and again. Want a print to frame for your office? It's more cost effective to simply order a print directly from me, but the choice is yours!
7. How many outfits can I fit into an hour? This completely depends on how quickly you change, where you change in relation to where we shoot, how comfortable you are in front of the camera and how many image choices you'd like to choose from. Some clients prefer not to rush and want dozens of images to choose from per look. Some clients are also professional models, some clients are brand new to being in front of a camera. Sometimes you want to feature a really cool wall that is unfortunately far from where you are able to change. I've shot anywhere from 2-6 looks in one hour. 3-4 is a reasonable expectation.
8. Where should we shoot? You should take into consideration your brand and style before selecting a location. If you already have a few in mind, let me know! If you'd like suggestions, I'm happy to take a look at your blog or listen to the direction you'd like your brand to go in and make a few suggestions.
9. Can you shoot Style Sessions on weekends? If you plan well in advance, this is possible. I also shoot weddings and families and travel a lot on weekends for those things, so weekends are considerably more difficult to book, especially during Spring and Fall. Weekdays can generally be booked two weeks out, sometimes even last minute! Also keep in mind, if you prefer not to deal with on-lookers and crowds, weekends may not be the best choice for street style.
10. What time of day is best to book? When shooting street style, we are offered a lot of shade from tall city buildings - making the normally impossible afternoon light perfectly possible! Since sunrise and sunset are more difficult to book during Fall & Spring Portrait Seasons and many of you have families to care for, I find that shoots during the hours between 9-5 are very popular and the light works fine for urban setting shoots. If you want a session in an open field or park, we need to discuss sunset or sunrise (AKA "Golden Hours") and do so well in advance.
Poke around on the blog and my social media to figure out whether or not you feel we'd be a good fit! I'd love to work with you! Below is the beautiful and always super fun @momwithoutlabels and a peek inside her last Style Sesh.